Lloyd Town Court, Highland, NY
Lloyd Town Court
12 Church Street, Suite 2,
Highland NY 12528
Lloyd Town Court Website: http://www.townoflloyd.com/pages/lloydny_court/index
In most cases you do not have to appear in court. As your lawyer, I can stand in your place in Lloyd Town Court and in negotiations. Most importantly, I’ll explain how I can help you. The cost of fines and increased insurance premiums on a speeding violation can be expensive. The cost for substitute transportation is substantial, and if you lose your license, you can lose your job. I may be able to reduce your ticket to a lesser charge, or get it dismissed. I’ve been helping people with traffic cases in Highland and throughout Ulster County NY for 36 years.
Don’t pay the ticket until you’ve spoken with a lawyer. If you’re concerned about your insurance premiums, your motor vehicle points, your driving record or any issues related to your traffic citation(s), call my New York office for a free consultation.
Whether you’re a local Ulster County resident, a New York driver, an out-of-state driver or even a Canadian driver, I can help you with your tickets. If you were charged for a violation on one of the main roads or any local roads, I can help you fight your ticket charges. NY Route 299 runs east-west through Lloyd. Routes 44 and 55 are in southeast Lloyd. Route 9W runs north and South. If you were charged for a violation on one of these roads or any local roads, I can help you fight your ticket charges.
I can help, if you’ve been charged with:
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- High-Speed Tickets
- Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Drivers Licenses
- Repeat Offenders
- DWI/DWAI/DUI, and any Other Vehicle Related Charges
Don’t plead guilty. Use an experienced New York traffic lawyer.What You Should Know About Lloyd Town Traffic Court?
Negotiation before trial – Before the case begins, I will negotiate with the police officer and sometimes the prosecutor to see if there’s a way to reduce the charges to a lesser offense such as a non-moving violation, to reduce the points, to merge multiple offenses into one offense, or to eliminate the charges altogether.
Trying the case – If a negotiation can’t be reached, the police officer and the prosecutor have the burden of proving their case (beyond a reasonable doubt). This requires that:
- The police officer must appear
- The police officer must be able to prove the facts listed on the citation.
- The police officer and/or the prosecutor must be able to prove that a motor vehicle law was violated. Not every wrong deserves a citation
- The defense lawyer (me) has the right to question/cross-examine the police officer
Your defenses – You have a right to assert your defenses. If the defenses are factual, it helps if you appear. Most defense are legal, so you don’t have to appear. As your lawyer, I can assert the legal defenses. The defenses will differ depending on the actual charge, what the police officer/prosecutor can really prove and the facts of the case.
If you’re found not guilty. Your charges will be dismissed – If you’re convicted of some of the charges.
- Your conviction will be sent to the NY Department of Motor Vehicles and to your home state or home country if your state/country has motor vehicle reciprocity with New York
- You may have to pay a fine, penalty or court costs. If the charges have been reduced, you will have to pay much less. That’s one of my goals (other than having the charge dismissed) — to reduce the consequences
- Your insurance rates will increase, especially for moving violations
- Your license may be suspended or revoked
Through my experience trying numerous cases, I know the factual and legal arguments to make that can help persuade the police officer and the prosecutor. I also know, because of prior work with many of the officers and prosecutors, where they are likely to bargain and where they’re not. Plus, I’ve driven on the local Lloyd Town roads, so I know whether road conditions or road traffic may have contributed to the violations.Contact a Skilled Lloyd Town, New York Traffic/Speeding Ticket Lawyer
A speeding ticket and other traffic violations can put points on your driver’s license. Too many points can lead to an increase in your insurance premiums and the possible suspension of your license. Before you pay a traffic fine in Lloyd Town Court, Highland, NY, contact us, Jonathan D. Katz, Esq. or call my office at (866) 938-8498 for a free consultation.
I will have empathy for your situation. I understand the distress of being stopped by the police. I’ll explain the traffic court process and the possible consequences including all of the financial costs. In most cases, you do not have to appear in court.