Traffic Ticket Lawyer in Marbletown, NY
Speeding Ticket LawyerWhere is Your Case Heard?
Marbletown Justice Court
3775 Main Street, PO Box 128,
Stone Ridge NY 12484
Phone: 845-687-4328 ext. 8
In most cases you do not have to appear in court. As your lawyer, I can stand in your place in court and in negotiations. Most importantly, I’ll explain how I can help you. The cost of fines and increased insurance premiums on a speeding violation can be substantial. The costs for substitute transportation can be high. Losing your license can mean losing your job. I’ve been helping people with traffic cases, in Ulster County, for 36 years.
If you’re concerned about your insurance premiums, your motor vehicle points, your driving record or any issues related to your traffic citation(s), call my New York office for a free consultation. Whether you’re a local Ulster County resident, a New York driver, an out-of-state driver or even a Canadian driver, I can help you with your tickets. Do not pay your ticket until you’ve consulted with an Ulster attorney.
Stone Ridge is home to a SUNY campus. Two of the main roads that intersect through Stone Ridge are NY 213 and US 209. If you were charged for a violation on one of these roads or any local roads, I can help you fight your ticket charges.
I can help, if you’ve been charged with:
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
- Driving without a License
- Driving without Insurance
- High-Speed Tickets
- Cell Phone Tickets
- Commercial Drivers Licenses
- Repeat Offenders
- Other Traffic Violations
Don’t plead guilty. Use an experienced New York traffic lawyer.What Happens in Marbletown Justice Court?
I’ll negotiate with the police officer and prosecutor. The key negotiators in any traffic citation offense are the defense lawyer and the police officer. Sometimes there is a prosecuting lawyer. Sometimes the judge will try to help.
The defense goals of negotiations are:
- To dismiss the charges
- To reduce the moving violation charges to non-moving violations
- To reduce serious moving violations to less serious moving violations – ones with fewer points and lesser fines
- To merge or combine multiple charges/offenses into one or a lesser number of charges – so the points and fines are less numerous or expensive
It helps to know the local roads and the local participants. A knowledge of the local roads and local traffic patterns can help to explain how a failure to yield or even speeding can be explained.
It helps to know the local police officer and prosecutor to know where they’re willing to negotiate and to know the bargaining points to steer clear of.Trying the Case
If a negotiated deal can’t be reached, the police officer and the prosecutor have the burden of proving their case (beyond a reasonable doubt) and they have to provide proper evidence. I’ll hold the police officer and the prosecutor to the proper legal standards.
Your defenses. You have a right to assert your defenses. If the defenses are factual, it helps if you appear. Most defense are legal, so you don’t have to appear. As your lawyer, I can assert the legal defenses. The defenses will differ depending on the actual charge, what the police officer/prosecutor can really prove and the facts of the case.If You’re Found Guilty of some or all of the Charges
- Your conviction(s) will be sent to the NY Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The NY DMV may forward the convictions to your home state or home country
- You may have to pay a fine, penalty or court costs. If the charges have been reduced, you will have to pay much less. That’s one of my aims (other than having the charge dismissed) – to reduce the consequences
- Your insurance rates may increase
- Your license may be suspended or revoked
A speeding ticket and other traffic violations can put points on your driver’s license. Too many points can lead to an increase in your insurance premiums and the possible suspension of your license. Before you pay a traffic fine in Marbletown Town Court, Stone Ridge, NY, contact the law office of Jonathan D. Katz, Esq., or call my office at (866) 938-8498 for a free consultation.
I will have empathy for your situation. I understand the distress of being stopped by the police. I’ll explain the traffic court process and the possible consequences including all of the financial costs. In most cases, you do not have to appear in court.